Salt Lake City Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck accidents occur at a high rate on Utah roads. Due to the sheer size and weight of these vehicles, truck accidents are often deadly and can leave survivors with severe, life-altering injuries. If you suffered injuries in a truck accident, you may have to spend months in recovery, pay for significant medical expenses, and lost wages from missed work.
You may be eligible to collect compensatory damages to pay for your losses resulting from truck accident injuries so speak with a Salt Lake City truck accident attorney as soon as possible. Call Feller Wendt, LLC for a free and confidential case evaluation.
Why Choose Feller & Wendt, LLC to Handle Your Truck Accident Claim?
At Feller Wendt, LLC, our Salt Lake City truck accident attorneys have significant experience in truck accident litigation and maintain a high success rate among our Utah clients. A few reasons why you should trust a Salt Lake City injury lawyer at our firm include:
- Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis, which means no out-of-pocket expenses for you. You do not pay legal fees unless we secure a settlement on your behalf.
- Our attorneys have over 30 years of combined legal experience and have secured millions of dollars in settlements for our clients.
- Our attorneys have significant courtroom experience and will not hesitate to bring your case to trial if necessary.
Schedule a free legal consultation today by calling (801) 499-5060. A qualified Salt Lake City truck accident lawyer will go over the details of your case and let you know the best course of action.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck drivers must obtain a special license and fulfill strict occupational requirements to safely operate their vehicles. While many truck drivers adhere to these qualifications, others can commit forms of negligence that lead to many truck accidents on Sale Lake City roads. Several of those include:
- Drowsy driving: Truck drivers must follow strict rules on the number of hours they can drive and must keep track of their hours in logs. However, many do drive despite the dangers of fatigued driving, leading to many truck accidents in Salt Lake City.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs: Driving while drunk or on drugs is dangerous for all drivers. Due to the sheer size and weight of trucks, the consequences of impaired driving increase significantly.
- Vehicle malfunction: Truck drivers and companies must keep their vehicles in good condition and perform regular maintenance. However, vehicle malfunctions can still occur due to design defects, cargo problems, and improper and irregular maintenance. These occurrences can all lead to truck accidents.
- Speeding and reckless driving: Truck drivers must adhere to traffic laws to keep themselves and other people on the road safe. If these rules aren’t followed devastating truck accidents can occur.
If you or somebody you love was injured in a truck accident caused by any of the above scenarios, speak with one of our experienced truck accident attorneys in Salt Lake City.
Proving Liability in Salt Lake City Truck Accident Claims
Due to the complex nature of Utah truck accident cases, multiple parties may be liable for your damages. The Salt Lake City truck accident lawyers at Feller Wendt, LLC can help you determine what caused your accident and know which defendants to name in your claim. Some of these include:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- The manufacturer of a defective part or design flaw
- A government entity
You will have to prove that the at-fault parties committed an act of negligence or recklessness, caused your injuries and that you suffered damages due to this negligent behavior. Your attorney can help you prove your case by reviewing evidence, consulting with experts, and interviewing witnesses.
Utah Truck Accident Statistics
Motor vehicle accidents are common in Utah, with thousands of people suffering injuries and hundreds of fatalities each year. The Utah Department of Public Safety collects and publishes this data yearly, including information on truck accidents. The 2016 Utah Crash Summary provides these statistics.
- 8,417 people were involved in a heavy truck crash in Utah in 2016
- 3,498 heavy truck crashes occurred in Utah during 2016
- Heavy truck crashes made up 5.6% of all accidents in 2016 and heavy truck crash victims made up 5.3% of all people involved in 2016 Utah car wrecks
- 25 people died in heavy truck crashes in 2016, making up 8.9% of all traffic fatalities in Utah that year
- 23 fatal truck accidents occurred in Utah in 2016
- A heavy truck crash has a 2.1 odds ratio of ending in fatality
- Crashes involving heavy trucks occurred every 2.5 hours in Utah
Seek Justice and Hire an Experienced Truck Accident Attorney in Salt Lake City, UT
A truck accident can require an intimate understanding of trucking laws and regulations in the state of Utah. Our Salt Lake City truck accident lawyers offer 30 years combined experience to give you an unmatched experience. If you or a loved one were involved in a serious truck accident, contact us today to discuss your case. We can give you peace of mind while you focus on healing, and help you achieve the maximum possible financial compensation to help you recover from your accident.