Phoenix Truck Accident Lawyer
Every driver has a responsibility to the other vehicles on the road to be as safe as they can behind the wheel to avoid an accident. Unfortunately, accidents still happen, and when a truck is involved in a motor vehicle accident, the result may be deadly. It has been reported that each year there are several thousand deaths that occur due to truck accidents. While all motor vehicle accidents are dangerous, the sheer size and mass of a truck pose a more significant threat to the victims involved in the crash. If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, you may want to partner with a Phoenix truck accident lawyer who may be able to help you pursue financial compensation for your losses.
Feller & Wendt, LLC is an experienced personal injury law firm helping victims of Phoenix, Arizona, truck accidents. With over 30 years of combined experience, our skilled truck accident attorneys have the knowledge to provide our clients with trusted legal counsel as we help them with their claims. If you or a loved one was injured or passed away due to someone else’s negligence that led to a truck accident, you deserve to be compensated for your losses. We offer our clients dedicated representation as we go over every detail of the accident in pursuit of helping them achieve the best possible compensation.
What to Do After a Phoenix Truck Accident
The moments following a truck accident may leave victims feeling frightened, stressed, and unsure of what they should do next. While it may be difficult to fight through the shock and haziness of realizing what has happened after a truck accident, it is crucial to take steps to ensure the health and safety of everyone involved in the accident.
- Call Emergency Services: You should not rely on anyone else to call emergency services after a truck accident. It is essential that they are called to assist any badly injured drivers or passengers, and a police report should be made of the accident.
- Check for Injuries: Check yourself and any passengers for serious injuries that may require immediate attention.
- Take Photos and Videos: Get recorded evidence of the crash, any property damage, and any visible injuries.
- Get Witness Statements: If any witnesses approach you, ask if they would be comfortable providing a short statement and sharing their contact information.
- Get Driver Information: Be sure to get the contact and insurance information of the other driver. It is important you do not discuss who was at fault when speaking with them.
- Give Statement for Report: Give your statement of what occurred to the attending officer for the police report and be sure to ask how you may obtain a copy of the report.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if you do not feel injured at the time of the accident, shock may prevent symptoms from showing themselves right away, which is why you should seek medical help regardless.
Once you have begun your road to recovery, you should seek the help of an experienced truck accident attorney as soon as possible.
Damages You May Be Eligible to Collect After a Truck Accident
If you have been injured in a truck accident, you may be eligible to collect financial compensation for your losses in the form of damages.
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
Our knowledgeable Phoenix truck accident attorneys may be able to help you understand what damages you are eligible to collect based on the details of your claim.
Common Causes of Phoenix Truck Accidents
Truck drivers have a responsibility to practice safe driving habits just as any other motor vehicle driver does. Unfortunately, not every truck driver takes this responsibility seriously and may act negligently when driving, leading to a severe accident. Common causes of Phoenix truck accidents include:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Aggressive driving or road rage
- Distracted driving
- Inexperienced or untrained truck drivers
When a driver’s negligence results in a life-altering injury, you should get in contact with a Phoenix truck accident lawyer to begin putting together a strong truck accident claim.
Contact Our Truck Accident Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ Today
Trucks are much bigger and heavier than other motor vehicles on the roads, making a collision with one dangerous and potentially deadly for the individuals involved in the accident. If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, you deserve to be financially compensated for the losses you may have suffered.
Feller & Wendt, LLC is an award-winning truck accident injury firm helping victims who have been injured in Phoenix, Arizona. Our skilled truck accident attorneys offer our clients over 30 years of combined experience and personalized care. We are proud to help our clients get their lives back on track after their accident, providing them with the dedicated representation they deserve. For a free case evaluation, contact us here or call (801) 499-5060.