Tucson Car Accident Lawyer
When a person gets behind the wheel of a car, they have a responsibility to themselves and others to do their part to avoid accidents. However, even the safest and most alert drivers can still be involved in an accident when another driver is negligent on the roads. In the United States, there are over six million car accidents reported each year. When another driver’s negligence causes an accident that leads to the victim suffering an injury, the victim has a legal right to file a car accident claim to pursue the financial compensation they may be owed. To get help with your car accident claim, contact an experienced Tucson, Arizona, car accident lawyer today.
Feller & Wendt is a team of car accident lawyers with extensive experience helping clients who have been injured pursue the financial compensation they may be owed. We understand that our clients may be feeling overwhelmed as they heal from their injuries. That is why our knowledgeable car accident lawyers work to help our clients navigate the complex Arizona legal system. We are proud to provide our clients with the trusted legal service they need as we help them pursue justice for the losses they have suffered.
Important Steps to take After a Tucson Car Accident
After a damaging car accident occurs, victims may be left feeling overwhelmed and frightened as they try to understand what they should do next. The following steps are crucial to ensuring the safety and well being of victims in the moments following an accident:
- Call emergency services: It is vital that you call the police to the accident scene so that an accident report can be filed. Additionally, if anyone involved in the accident requires emergency medical assistance, emergency services will get them the help they need.
- Make sure everyone is safe: Assess your situation and surroundings and, if able, help get everyone to the safest place possible.
- Get evidence: Take photos and videos of the accident scene, property damage, and any visible injuries.
- Get witness statements: If any witnesses approach you, ask them if they would be comfortable providing you with a brief statement of what they saw and their contact information.
- Get contact information from the other driver: You will need the contact and insurance information of the driver who hit you. However, remember not to discuss who is at fault for the accident when speaking with them.
- Seek medical attention: Even if you do not feel injured after the accident, you may be experiencing shock and should still seek medical attention to ensure you get the help you need if you are injured.
In addition to these steps, if you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, it’s important to seek the help of a Tucson car accident lawyer as soon as possible to get help with your claim.
What are the Most Common Causes of Tucson Car Accidents?
Car accidents are commonly the result of another driver acting negligently while operating their vehicle. Some common examples of driver negligence that have caused car accidents include:
- Distracted driving, including texting while driving
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Reckless driving
- Road rage
- Not obeying traffic signs or signals
- Driving while drowsy
- Inexperienced driving
If another driver’s negligent act led to a car accident that has left you injured, you may be entitled to receive financial compensation for your injuries. Our experienced legal team may be able to help you pursue the damages you are owed.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents can result in life-altering injuries for the victims involved. Some of the most common car accident injuries suffered by victims include:
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Back, neck, and spine injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Broken or fractured limbs
- Crushed limbs
- Loss of limbs
- Cuts or lacerations
- Internal bleeding
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Regardless of the severity of your injuries, you deserve to be compensated for any losses you have suffered as a result.
What Damages Can You Collect After a Car Accident?
When a negligent driver causes an accident, the victims may be entitled to financial compensation in the form of damages. The damages you may be eligible to collect after a car accident include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Inconvenience and lost time
If you are unsure of what damages you may be eligible to collect, an experienced car accident lawyer may be able to help you by going over the details of your claim.
Get Help From a Tucson Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents can result in severely damaging injuries that may affect victims for the rest of their lives. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, get help from a Tuscon, Arizona car accident lawyer.
Feller & Wendt is a car accident law firm with over 30 years of experience helping clients who have been injured in Tucson. Our award-winning legal team is proud to provide clients with the dedicated representation they deserve. To set up a free consultation, contact us here or call (480) 702-2277.