Tucson Bus Accident Lawyer
Many people who live in Tucson use a variety of transportation methods. Public buses, school buses, commercial buses, and others commonly share roads and highways with passenger cars and other vehicles. While buses are often safely utilized by routine passengers, road accidents still occur, leaving many injured. In these cases, navigating the crucial elements of an injury claim can be challenging while in the recovery period.
At Feller & Wendt, our Tucson bus accident lawyers may help you by reviewing your case and guiding you in the necessary steps. If you’ve been injured in a bus accident, understanding your rights in filing a claim against negligent parties is essential. By filing a claim with the help of our legal team, many clients receive legal support and resources that result in fair compensation.
Who May Be Liable for Bus Accidents?
Depending on the circumstances of an accident, preventable bus accidents can be severe and lead to catastrophic injuries or fatalities. The occurrence of bus accidents can be attributed to many different factors. Since passengers within public or commercial buses are standing or seated without being strapped in, many are injured due to another’s negligence.
Bus accidents may be attributed to the following reasons:
- Roadway traffic
- Driver fatigue
- Inexperienced bus operators
- Distracted driving
- Aggressive driving
- Neglected bus maintenance or repairs
- Speeding and other traffic violations
Possible liable parties in an Arizona bus accident include:
- The bus driver
- A company that owns the bus
- State or government entity
- Maintenance or repair company
- A surrounding driver
- Other negligent parties
If a bus driver or another party is negligent in maintaining the safety of bus occupants, the injured person has a right to file a claim. Determining the cause and establishing liability in your bus accident case may be attainable with the help of our legal team. You may feel more at ease with valuable legal resources and representation when proving the negligent party’s liability.
Recovering Compensable Damages After Enduring Injuries in an Accident
Injured victims of a bus accident may be able to recover a variety of compensatory damages. Injuries often lead to non-economic and economic damages within a person’s life. Additionally, the effects may transcend for years when catastrophic injuries occur, such as paralysis, amputations, or varying disabilities. Recovering compensation often helps those injured and families in wrongful death cases to receive financial support and stability for current and future needs.
Varying short to long-term injuries someone may endure in a bus accident include:
- Head, neck, and back injuries
- Traumatic brain injury or whiplash
- Soft tissue injuries or sprains
- Broken or fractured bones
- Burns, lacerations, and bruising
- Spinal cord damage or paralysis
- Disfigurement and disabilities
Compensatory damages in an Arizona injury claim may include the following:
- Non-economic: Refers to intangible damages such as loss of enjoyment of life, emotional distress, loss of consortium, permanent disfigurement, and others.
- Economic: Refers to monetary losses such as loss of employment, loss of wages, medical bills, cost of treatments, therapy costs, and other calculable damages.
- Punitive: Compensation only awarded to the victims in specific Arizona injury cases where the negligent party is proven to have acted on an ‘evil mind.’
Depending on the circumstances of a bus accident and the acts of negligence on the part of the liable parties, you may be eligible to receive various compensation. In the interim of a case or lawsuit, the negligent party’s representatives may attempt to offer you a settlement that seemingly resolves the damage you endure. However, insurance companies and the negligent party is not on your side. Consulting a Tucson bus accident lawyer and partnering with a legal team may benefit your case, as this can help you receive the settlement you deserve.
Benefits of Hiring a Tucson Personal Injury Attorney at Feller & Wendt
Bus accident cases can be challenging to navigate because of the complexity of proving liability, especially since the bus driver is often not the only person responsible. An injury claim must meet all the elements of negligence and prove the injury suffered damages. Whether an accident involves a school bus, commercial bus, or city transportation, there are different benefits to hiring an experienced attorney.
An attorney may help you prove these necessary elements of negligence after a bus accident:
- The bus driver or other party had an obligation to the injured party to have exercised a reasonable level of care.
- The bus driver or other negligent party breached their duty of care in some way.
- The cause of your injuries or damages is solely and directly related to the negligent party’s actions in the bus accident.
- You have incurred varying damages directly related to the accident resulting from the liable party’s negligence.
Benefits of hiring a Tucson bus accident attorney at Feller & Wendt include:
- With a free consultation, we help you understand the next best steps and any rights you have after an accident.
- Our attorneys are highly respected and have established a rapport within Arizona’s communities.
- Our legal team understands the legal process and may help you throughout a claim or eligible lawsuit.
- As skilled negotiators, our attorneys work diligently to ensure you are offered a fair settlement for your circumstances.
- In the case of a lawsuit and trial, our legal team is experienced in representing clients in and out of a courtroom.
- We may help you avoid mistakes or errors by handling all communications and court proceedings.
- We help you stay informed throughout the entire process, from the start to the end of a settlement.
Navigating through a claim or lawsuit after a bus accident may seem confusing and challenging if handled independently. You may receive clarity of the state’s comparative negligence rule, personal injury proceedings, recovering compensation, and other essential aspects of an injury case with a skilled legal team on your side. You may benefit from our legal resources and compassionate legal support as an injured person or an eligible family member in a wrongful death case.
Tucson Bus Accident Attorneys at Feller & Wendt Can Help You Recover Total Compensation After a Tucson Bus Accident
Due to the circumstances, bus accidents can be catastrophic and traumatic. Passengers often necessitate short to long-term term recoveries for the effects that follow sustained injuries. At Feller & Wendt, our knowledgeable Tucson bus accident lawyers can review your case and navigate an eligible injury claim.
We work diligently to ensure all aspects of your claim are handled efficiently and that all compensable damages are accounted for when you are offered a settlement. Although proving liability in these cases can be complex due to multiple factors or parties involved, our legal team has the resources and experience to best navigate your claim. Schedule a free consultation by completing a contact form or call us at (408) 702-2277.