Scottsdale Car Accident Lawyer
When sharing the road with many other motor vehicles, it’s important to practice a duty of care to avoid contributing to any accidents. However, it’s not always the case that everyone drives responsibly and with great care for others. Negligent drivers and careless driving behaviors are at an all-time high, with 53,000 fatalities occurring between 2005 and 2017. When another driver’s actions lead to devastating injuries for a victim, the victim has a right to pursue compensation for damages associated with the car accident.
If you have been injured in an accident due to another driver’s negligence, speak to a seasoned Scottsdale car accident lawyer at Feller & Wendt. We have over 75 years of combined experience helping clients who have been harmed due to another driver’s careless actions and providing clients with trusted legal services to pursue the justice they deserve.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Scottsdale, Arizona
After experiencing a car accident, the steps you take next can greatly influence a personal injury claim down the road. You may be feeling overwhelmed and stressed as you try to assess what to do after an accident; the following steps can keep you safe as well as in a good position to speak to an experienced Scottsdale car accident lawyer about your claim:
- Call for medical attention and law enforcement: Calling the police is important to have a police report on file. If anyone is injured, immediate medical attention will get them the help they need.
- Obtain evidence in the form of photos and videos: It is essential to consider taking photos and videos of the accident scene for future evidence. This can link the accident to injuries you have sustained and property damage you have incurred.
- Speak to witnesses: Witness testimony can be helpful in proving liability down the road. Ask them to provide a brief statement or to recount what happened.
- Get contact information of witnesses and other drivers involved: You will need to secure the contact details of the other driver’s insurance and contact information, as well as any witnesses you’ve spoken to.
- Get medical care: Even if you are not immediately sensing pain or injury, get medical attention to assess your condition after the accident. You may have late-onset injuries that need an examination or are experiencing shock and adrenaline that is keeping you from feeling pain.
After following these immediate steps post-accident, it is important to contact an experienced Scottsdale car accident lawyer for a chance to assess your case. Working with a seasoned car accident lawyer may help you build a solid claim for a chance to obtain maximum recovery for your losses.
Frequent Causes of Arizona Car Accidents
Knowing the cause of the accident can play a big indicator of whether you have a claim against the negligent party. Some of the most frequent causes of Scottsdale car accidents are the following:
- Reckless driving
- Road rage
- Not obeying traffic signs or signals
- Driving while drowsy
- Inexperienced driving
- Driver negligence
- Defective car parts or repairs
- Dangerous road conditions
- Distracted driving, including texting while driving
- Drunk driving
If you have been terribly injured due to another driver’s negligence, speak to an experienced Scottsdale car accident lawyer for a thorough assessment of your care. Your skilled lawyer will look into the cause of your accident and begin to build a case to prove liability.
Injuries You May Experience in a Scottsdale Car Accident
A car accident can result in substantial, catastrophic, or fatal injuries depending on the impact of the collision. Some of the common injuries experienced in Scottsdale car accidents include:
- Loss of limbs
- Cuts or lacerations
- Internal bleeding
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Back, neck, and spine injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Broken or fractured limbs
- Crushed limbs
Some injuries may be so severe they can cause permanent pain or disability for victims. Depending on the injuries you’ve experienced, a seasoned Scottsdale car accident lawyer may be able to aggressively negotiate compensation for past, present, and future medical care, rehabilitation, and medication management associated with your injuries.
Speak to an Experienced Scottsdale Car Accident Lawyer at Feller & Wendt
Car accidents can leave victims with substantial injuries and mounting medical bills for years to come. If you have been terribly injured due to someone else’s negligence, speak to an experienced Scottsdale car accident lawyer at Feller & Wendt. Our team of compassionate, award-winning car accident attorneys is dedicated to obtaining the compensation you deserve.
The legal team at Feller & Wendt strives to provide best-in-class representation for clients with a 95% success rate, so you can rely on us to navigate the complexities of Arizona’s legal system. We work diligently to recover the losses you have endured. To set up a complimentary consultation and assessment of your claim, fill out our contact form or call (480) 702-2277.