Salt Lake City Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are painful, debilitating, and can lead to lasting damage. If you suffered a spinal cord injury due to someone else’s negligence or recklessness, you could face large medical bills, lost wages, and lengthy recovery time. Under Utah law, you can claim compensatory damages for these losses to help you reach a full recovery.
If you need a Salt Lake City spinal cord injury lawyer for your claim, contact the attorneys at Feller Wendt, LLC today.
Why Hire Feller & Wendt, LLC for Your Spinal Cord Injury Claim?
At Feller & Wendt, LLC, our Salt Lake City lawyers have significant experience in spinal cord injury litigation and will not hesitate to bring you or your loved one’s case to trial if necessary. A few reasons why you should choose us to represent you include:
- Our attorneys have maintained a 95% success rate representing Utah clients in a variety of personal injury cases, including spinal cord injuries.
- Our attorneys have over 30 years of combined experience. We can negotiate your claim with insurance companies and bring your case to trial if necessary to secure maximum compensation.
- We offer our services on a contingency fee basis – if we do not secure a settlement on your behalf, you do not pay any legal fees.
- Our attorneys have secured millions of dollars in settlements on behalf of our clients.
Call our office at (801) 499-5060 today to schedule a free legal consultation. A knowledgeable Salt Lake City spinal cord injury lawyer will review the details of your case and advise you on the best course of action.
Spinal Cord Injury Compensation in Salt Lake City
If you were in an accident caused by another party that led to your spinal cord injury, you can file an insurance claim or lawsuit. If you suffered injuries in a car accident, you have to file an insurance claim to receive your Personal Injury Protection coverage before you can file a lawsuit. If your injury involves permanent disability, medical expenses over $3,000, or death, you can file a lawsuit immediately.
In most other cases involving spinal cord injuries, such as premises liability and other forms of personal injury, you can file a lawsuit in Utah civil court. You usually have four years from the date of your accident to file your suit. You can claim damages for several types of losses in your case.
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability
- Punitive damages for reckless or negligent behavior
To learn more about the damages available in your specific case, consult with a skilled injury lawyer in Salt Lake City.
Spinal Cord Injury Statistics
The National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center releases a report each year on the state of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Their 2017 publication lists several important statistics:
- The annual incidence of new spinal cord injury cases in the United States is about 54 cases per one million people
- Approximately 17,700 new spinal cord injury cases occur in the United States each year, not including fatalities due to spinal cord injury
- Approximately 288,000 people live with a spinal cord injury in the United States
- After a person suffers a spinal cord injury, he or she has a hospital stay that lasts 11 days on average. For rehabilitative care, the average hospital stay is 34 days
- The average first-year expenses for spinal cord injury medical care ranges from $359,783 to $1,102,403 depending on the severity of the condition
- The average yearly expenses for spinal cord injury care ranges from $43,700 to $191,436
Common Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries
According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, certain events and accidents lead to spinal cord injuries at a higher rate than others:
- Motor vehicle accidents cause 38.3% of spinal cord injury cases
- Falls cause 31.6% of spinal cord injuries
- Acts of violence, primarily gunshot wounds, cause 13.8% of spinal cord injuries
- Sports and recreational activities cause 8.2% of spinal cord injuries
- Medical and surgical injuries cause 4.6% of spinal cord injuries
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Salt Lake City Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
Have you suffered a spinal cord injury and needed to file an insurance claim or lawsuit for compensatory damages? Our lawyers can help. Contact Feller Wendt, LLC today to schedule your free consultation with our spinal cord injury lawyers in Salt Lake City, UT.