Salt Lake City Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Pedestrians are at a high risk of injury and death due to negligent, reckless, and distracted drivers. The sheer size and weight of motor vehicles can cause severe, lasting damage to a pedestrian and many die as a result of these injuries. If you or a loved one suffered injuries as the result of a pedestrian accident, you may be able to claim compensation under Utah law.
If you need a Salt Lake City pedestrian accident attorney for your pedestrian accident case, contact Feller Wendt, LLC today. Our lawyers have experience negotiating with insurance companies, crafting compelling cases to argue for maximum compensation on your behalf, and conducting investigations to understand the facts of your case.
Why Hire Feller & Wendt, LLC for Your Pedestrian Accident Case?
Our clients choose Feller & Wendt, LLC for our dedication to our clients, our tenacity, and our commitment to open and honest communication. A few additional reasons why you should trust our law firm to handle your pedestrian accident claim include:
- Our attorneys have over 30 years of combined legal experience and we have secured millions of dollars in settlements for our clients.
- We have maintained a 95% success rate in our personal injury cases over our years of operation.
- Our firm handles all cases on a contingency fee basis. If we do not secure a settlement on your behalf, you do not pay legal fees and you do not pay any up-front costs.
Call us today at (801) 499-5060 to schedule a free legal consultation. A qualified Salt Lake City pedestrian accident attorney will examine the specifics of your case and help you understand your legal options for recovering damages.
Pedestrian Accident Compensation in Salt Lake City
If you suffer injuries from a pedestrian accident in Utah, you can claim several types of damages in a personal injury lawsuit.
- Medical expenses
- Permanent disability
- Lost wages and potential to earn future wages
- Pain and suffering
- Property damages
- Punitive damages for recklessness and negligence
If you are filing a wrongful death claim on behalf of a loved one, you and/or the surviving family can claim several types of damages.
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Family pain and suffering
- Medical expenses for final injury
- Loss of companionship
- Punitive damages
- Lost wages and benefits
To learn more about claiming compensation for a fatal pedestrian accident, speak with an experienced Salt Lake City wrongful death attorney.
Why You Need an Attorney for Your Pedestrian Accident Claim
Entering into the lawsuit process or insurance claim negotiations alone can be challenging and stressful. Hiring a pedestrian accident lawyer can significantly reduce the stress of this process and increase you chance of securing maximum compensation. Here are a few reasons why you need a dedicated Salt Lake City pedestrian accident lawyer:
- A pedestrian accident attorney has the network and the resources to conduct an in-depth investigation into the facts of your case. At Feller & Wendt, LLC, our attorneys will interview witnesses, consult with medical experts, review security footage, and collect all applicable evidence to understand the circumstances of your accident.
- Insurance companies could offer a lower settlement amount to victims without legal representation. An attorney can evaluate your case, perform an independent calculation of your damages, and accurately assess if you are receiving a fair amount.
- Your attorney will have years of experience in pedestrian accident claims. He or she will know how to file the paperwork, the deadlines you need to meet, and what information you need to include to file your claim without setbacks.
Utah Pedestrian Accident Statistics
Pedestrian accidents are a common occurrence in Utah. The Utah Department of Public Safety releases a report each year detailing pedestrian accident statistics and their 2016 data summary provides key data:
- In 2016, motor vehicles struck 1,006 Utah pedestrians
- 898 pedestrians suffered injuries from car accidents and crashes in 2016
- 39 pedestrians died as a result of motor vehicle collisions in 2016
- Pedestrians accounted for 14% of all Utah motor vehicle deaths in 2016
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Utah
The Utah Department of Public Safety also lists the leading contributing factors of pedestrian crashes in 2016:
- The driver’s failure to yield the right-of-way led to 36% of pedestrian accidents
- Hit and runs led to 11% of pedestrian accidents
- Distracted driving led to 8% of pedestrian accidents
- Drivers backing up without properly checking surroundings led to 4% of pedestrian accidents
- Speeding led to 4% of pedestrian accidents
- 55% of pedestrians were not a contributing factor in the crash and were not at fault
Discuss Your Case With a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Salt Lake City
Do you need an attorney for your pedestrian accident claim in Utah? Feller Wendt, LLC can represent you at the negotiation table and in the courtroom. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation with one of our Salt Lake City personal injury lawyer.