Salt Lake City Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Motorcycle accidents in Salt Lake City and throughout Utah can be devastating due to the unprotected nature of motorcycles. Depending on the circumstances, a rider or passenger may suffer from severe injuries that may take weeks or even months to recover from.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident and lost time, money, and quality of life as a result, you could receive compensatory damages. When you need to file an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit for a motorcycle accident, talk to an experienced Salt Lake City motorcycle accident attorney at Feller Wendt, LLC.
Why Choose Feller & Wendt, LLC for Your Motorcycle Accident Case?
If you need help filing a lawsuit or insurance claim for injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident, retain the services of a skilled Salt Lake City personal injury attorney at Feller & Wendt, LLC. Here are a few reasons why you should trust us with handling your claim:
- Our attorneys have a combined 30 years of legal experience in multiple areas of personal injury law, including motorcycle accidents.
- Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis. If we do not secure a settlement or judgment on your behalf, we do not charge you any legal fees. If you do win, we will take an agreed-upon percentage of the award as payment.
- We have maintained a 95% success rate over our years of operation.
Call our office at (801) 499-5060 today to schedule a free consultation. A dedicated Salt Lake City motorcycle accident attorney will review the specifics of your case and advise you on your available legal options for financial recovery.
Motorcycle Accident Compensation in Salt Lake City
When you suffer injuries in a motorcycle accident in Utah, you may be able to claim damages through a personal injury lawsuit or insurance claim. Common personal injury damages can compensate for many types of losses:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
- Disability and loss of quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Many motorcycle accidents are fatal. If you lose a loved one in a motorcycle accident, you and/or the surviving immediate family may be able to claim damages for several types of losses:
- Lost wages and lost future wages and benefits
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of companionship, care, and guidance
- Pain and suffering of the family
- Medical expenses related to the injury
- Punitive damages for intentional or reckless behavior
To learn more about claiming damages related to a fatal motorcycle accident, consult a knowledgeable Salt Lake City wrongful death lawyer.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcyclists do not have the same protections that motor vehicles do. Since motorcyclists do not have a protective barrier between them and the open road, they are susceptible to more serious injuries when colliding with a motor vehicle. In addition, Utah law does not require adults over the age of 18 to wear helmets while riding a motorcycle. As a result, many motorcyclists suffer from severe injuries when they are in an accident.
Many types of injuries can result from motorcycle accidents:
- Road rash
- Traumatic brain injuries and other head injuries
- Facial fractures
- Permanent disfigurement or scarring
- Broken bones and fractures
- Burns, cuts, and lacerations
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Mangling and amputation injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Back and neck injuries
If you or somebody you loved sustained any of the above injuries in a motorcycle accident caused by a negligent motorist, speak with a seasoned Salt Lake City motorcycle accident lawyer to learn about potential avenues for financial recovery.
Utah Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Unfortunately, motorcycle accidents and other forms of motor vehicle collisions are common in Utah. Hundreds of people suffer injuries and die from these accidents each year. The Utah Department of Safety compiles this data in their annual Utah Crash Summary reports. Their 2016 edition provides many important statistics:
- The Utah Department of Safety responded to 955 motorcycle injury crashes in 2016 and 40 fatal motorcycle crashes
- 1,270 motorcyclists and passengers were involved in Utah crashes in 2016
- 1,014 motorcyclists suffered injuries in Utah crashes in 2016
- 41 motorcyclists and passengers died as a result of their injuries in crashes during 2016
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Utah
In 2016, many factors contributed to motorcycle accidents in Utah:
- Left turns by negligent drivers led to 28% of motorcycle crashes
- Speeding led to 11% of crashes
- Tailgating led to 10% of crashes
- Driving in the wrong lane led to 7% of crashes
- Vehicles running a motorcyclist off the road led to 6% of crashes
- Swerving to avoid a hazard or taking another evasive action led to 5% of crashes
Contact a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Salt Lake City for a Free Consultation
The seriousness of a motorcycle accident may make for a more difficult negotiation with at-fault parties. If you or a loved one were seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, contact Feller Wendt, LLC now to discuss your case. We want to help you pursue the at-fault party for the maximum possible compensation necessary to help you work towards a full recovery.