Salt Lake City Brain Injury Lawyer
Brain injuries are traumatic and often result in lifelong damage. From car accidents to intentional acts of violence, many factors can cause brain injuries. If you or a loved one suffered a brain injury, you may find yourself paying thousands of dollars in medical expenses while having a diminished ability to work and earn money.
Utah law states that you can claim compensation for brain injuries caused by another party’s negligence or defect. If you or a loved one suffered a brain injury contact Feller Wendt, LLC immediately to discuss your legal options with a Salt Lake City brain injury lawyer.
Why Trust Feller & Wendt, LLC With Handling Your Brain Injury Claim?
At Feller Wendt, LLC, our attorneys have significant experience litigating brain injury cases and building strong cases to negotiate for maximum compensation. Here are just a few reasons why you should hire us to handle your brain injury claim:
- We have maintained a 95% success rate in all of our cases over our firm’s years of operation.
- Our attorneys have over 30 years of combined experience in personal injury law, including brain injury cases.
- Our attorneys have secured millions of dollars in compensatory damages for our clients.
Call (801) 499-5060 now for a free consultation. A reliable Salt Lake City personal injury attorney experienced in brain injury claims will review the details of your case and help you understand how we can help you and your family.
Types of Brain Injuries
A brain injury is a form of a head injury that is so severe that it leads to brain damage. Many types of brain injuries exist, ranging from mild to severe and life-threatening. Several common types of brain injuries exist:
- Hematoma – occurs when blood vessels clot in the brain. This clotting leads to pressure buildup, loss of consciousness, and permanent brain damage.
- Hemorrhage – uncontrolled bleeding in or around the brain, leading to pressure buildup and damage.
- Concussion – occurs when the head receives a severe impact and the brain impacts the skull. Concussions are common in car accidents and can lead to lasting damage and potential death.
- Edema – occurs when a brain injury leads to swelling in the brain. Edema can lead to pressure buildup in the skull.
- Diffuse axonal injury – occurs when an injury causes damage to the brain cells. It can lead to swelling, permanent brain damage, and death.
Brain Injury Symptoms
Symptoms of brain injuries vary depending on the type and severity. However, there are several symptoms of severe head injuries and brain injuries that are most common:
- Inability to focus the eyes
- Loss of consciousness
- Seizures and vomiting
- Loss of muscle control
- Memory loss and mood changes
- Balance and coordination issues
- Disorientation and confusion
Causes of Brain Injuries in Utah
Many different types of accidents, acts of violence, and acts of negligence can lead to brain injury. The most common causes of brain injury include car accidents, falls from high places, gunshot wounds, assaults, or being struck by or against an object.
In many cases, an at-fault party can be liable for a brain injury due to recklessness or negligence. Contact the Salt Lake City brain injury attorneys at Feller Wendt, LLC today to discuss the circumstances of your case.
Legal Options for Brain Injuries in Utah
If you suffer a brain injury in Utah and suffer damages as a result, you have a few options to seek legal remedies for your losses:
- If you suffered a brain injury in a car accident, you can file an insurance claim with your insurance provider for Personal Injury Protection before you file a lawsuit. However, if your injuries include permanent disability or medical expenses in excess of $3,000, you can file a lawsuit immediately.
- If you suffered a brain injury while working, you can file a workers’ compensation claim with your employer.
- In any other circumstance, along with the workplace and car accident scenarios, you can file a personal injury lawsuit in Utah civil court.
Discuss Your Case With a Salt Lake City Brain Injury Attorney for Free
If you need a lawyer for your brain injury claim, enlist the services of Feller Wendt, LLC. Our attorneys have significant experience negotiating brain injury cases with insurance companies and litigating them in the courtroom.
Contact us today to schedule your free consultation at our Salt Lake City office.