Free Consultation: 801.499.5060
Free Consultation: 801.499.5060


Personal Injury Protection (PIP) in Utah

If you are involved in an automobile collision in Utah, there are many different types of insurance coverage that might help cover expenses and losses related to the accident. One of the main types of coverage that will almost always come into play is personal injury protection (PIP).

In Utah, you can submit a claim to your own insurance carrier for PIP benefits regardless of whether or not you caused the collision (whether or not you were “at-fault”). Your Utah PIP coverage will include (at minimum): $3,000 for medical expenses, the lesser of $250 per week or 85% of lost wages for up to 52 weeks, household services of up to $20 per day for up to 365 days, funeral expenses up to $1,500 per person, and a death benefit of $3,000.

One common misunderstanding relating to PIP coverage is thinking that exhausting one benefit exhausts all of PIP. For instance, the $3,000 benefit for medical expenses is one of the most frequently utilized benefits in automobile collisions, but many people don’t realize that they can still submit a claim for up to $13,000 in lost wages and/or $7,300 in household services, even if their $3,000 medical expense benefit is exhausted.

If you or someone you know has been involved in a tragic motor vehicle accident, call a qualified Ogden car accident attorney at Feller & Wendt, LLC for a free consultation. We will explain your rights and give you comfort of knowing we will be there every step of the way.

Call us at (801) 499-5060 or contact us online.

Free Consultation

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Download Our App