Phoenix Product Liability Lawyer
When you purchase a product, you expect it to be safe. Unfortunately, that’s not always the case. Defective products caused over 11.7 million victims to seek emergency care for injuries resulting from consumer products in 2021. When an injury or fatality results from a manufacturer, distributor, or seller’s negligence, you may be eligible to seek damages in a product liability claim.
The Phoenix product liability attorneys at Feller & Wendt understand that you should not have to pay for the losses resulting from a manufacturer’s lack of reasonable care. We have helped countless victims pursue compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and emotional suffering by handling all aspects of their cases so they can focus on recovery. With a 95% track record of success and an unmatched level of service, we fight on your behalf from consultation to resolution.
Types of Product Defects
Product liability refers to the legal duty of manufacturers, distributors, and sellers to take responsibility for injuries or damages caused by their products. If a product is defective or unreasonably dangerous, it can cause lasting harm to consumers.
The three types of product liability claims we handle include the following:
- Design defects: A design defect is when a product is inherently dangerous because of a flaw in its design. For example, a car with a faulty brake system causes accidents for many consumers.
- Manufacturing defects: When a product is defectively manufactured or assembled, it can cause harm to consumers. For example, a toaster with a faulty heating component causes fires.
- Marketing defects: Marketing defects occur when a product is improperly labeled or marketed to consumers. For example, if a drug marketed as safe and effective causes serious, unlisted side effects.
We believe in holding manufacturers to a high standard regarding consumer safety. At Feller & Wendt, we work to thoroughly investigate the details of your case to obtain evidence of manufacturer, distributor, or seller negligence. We fight for the monetary compensation you deserve for the injuries you suffered.
Who May Be Liable for a Defective Product in Arizona?
One or more parties may be responsible for a product defect that causes harm to consumers. Determining liability can be complex without the help of an experienced Phoenix product liability lawyer who is well-versed in Arizona product liability laws. Typically, in a product liability claim, the court will determine which part of the process affected consumer safety and hold the parties liable for damages.
One or more of the following parties may be held liable for damages in a product liability claim:
- The product manufacturer
- A manufacturer of various product parts
- An entity in charge of the assembly or installation of the product
- The wholesaler or distributor
- A retail store where the product was sold
To obtain a successful outcome in a product liability claim, you must demonstrate the following elements:
- You have suffered injury or harm
- The product that caused injuries is defective or lacked proper warnings, labels, or instructions
- The defect or other faulty traits of the product directly caused your injuries and other significant damages
- You used the product as it was intended or labeled to be used at the time of injury
Speak with the Phoenix product liability attorneys at Feller & Wendt if you have been injured due to a defective or dangerous product. We will work to build a strategic case on your behalf to prove liability and fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
Recoverable Damages in a Successful Phoenix Product Liability Claim
In a successful product liability claim, you may recover economic and non-economic damages based on the severity of your injuries and the circumstances of your accident.
The following are the types of damages you may recover with the help of an experienced Phoenix product liability lawyer:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Disability or impairment
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
Under Arizona Statute Sect. 31, there are no damage caps in a product liability claim, including punitive damages in cases of malicious or extremely harmful actions. Although punitive damages are seldom awarded, they may be awarded if the liable party was cognizant of the defect but failed to warn the public despite the dangers or harm it may cause.
Contact the Phoenix Product Liability Lawyers at Feller & Wendt
Product liability claims can be complex to manage on your own. Seek the legal guidance of an experienced lawyer at Feller & Wendt. We have helped countless product liability victims hold entities accountable for their significant injuries caused by dangerous and harmful products.
We understand how significantly an injury can impact your day-to-day life, and we work to obtain the monetary compensation you deserve while you focus on recovery. Schedule a complimentary consultation today by calling (480) 702-2277 or filling out our contact form.