Phoenix Daycare Injury Lawyer
As parents with busy schedules, many of us rely on daycare facilities to care for our children while we are at work. Since parents place an immense amount of trust in daycare centers, Arizona has strict guidelines these facilities must follow to ensure the children are safe and adequately cared for. When daycare centers and staff fail to uphold these essential policies, children may suffer injuries while in their care. If your child was injured at a daycare facility in Phoenix, you have the right to hold those responsible fully accountable for their negligent actions.
After your child suffers a severe injury in someone else’s care, you should not be forced to handle the aftermath alone. The compassionate Phoenix daycare injury lawyers at Feller & Wendt understand the complex physical, emotional, and financial challenges of helping a child recover from their injuries, and we are here to help support you during this difficult time. We have many years of experience holding daycare centers and staff accountable for the harm they have caused and are ready to apply our extensive skills and expertise to your case.
Safety Requirements for Phoenix Daycare Facilities
Caring for small children requires vigilance, patience, and care to ensure their safety. Therefore, Arizona has specific standards for childcare outlined in the Child Care Health and Safety Policy Manual. Some of the many policies daycare facilities and staff must follow include the following:
- All staff must submit to a background check before being allowed in a facility with children.
- All entrances and exits must always be locked to the outside and monitored by a staff member.
- Outdoor play areas must be designed with street access. The play area must be fenced-in and gated to prevent children from leaving the facility without an adult.
- Every person who enters and leaves the facility must comply with sign-in/sign-out procedures that document the individual’s name, arrival and departure times, and the reason they are present.
- The facility must keep daily attendance records.
- If a child arrives late, their teacher or caretaker must contact their parent or guardian within an hour of the delayed arrival.
- No one can pick up or drop off a child without parental approval.
- All areas of the facility must undergo a daily safety inspection. If any safety concerns are found, they must be reported to the facility director.
- All children must be directly seen and heard by a staff member at all times.
- All staff must have a method to signal for assistance if a dangerous situation arises.
This is not an exhaustive list. Daycare facilities must follow many more procedures to keep children safe and healthy. If your child’s daycare center violated a safety policy and your child was injured, you may be able to hold the facility and the staff member accountable through a daycare injury claim.
How Can a Phoenix Daycare Injury Lawyer Help Me?
If your child is recovering from injuries sustained while in another adult’s care, you may feel justifiably outraged and upset. As you care for your child during their time of need, you deserve to have a tireless advocate on your side to fight for justice on your behalf. At Feller & Wendt, our attorneys are committed to handling every aspect of your claim as you tend to your family. Some of the many ways our skilled attorneys can help you include the following:
- Conducting a thorough investigation into your case
- Negotiating with all parties on your behalf
- Filing all paperwork correctly and on time
- Answering your legal questions
- Interviewing daycare staff and other witnesses to your child’s injury
- Advocating aggressively for your rights and interests inside and outside of court
- Helping you organize your child’s medical and other injury-related expenses
- Keeping you up to date on the status of your claim
Our talented Phoenix daycare injury attorneys understand that no two children or daycare injuries are exactly alike and take an individualized approach to every case.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Daycare Injury Cases in Phoenix?
After learning your child has suffered an injury at daycare, it is in your best interest to contact an attorney as soon as possible. In Arizona, the statute of limitations, or legal time limit for filing a daycare injury claim, is typically two years from the date of the incident. However, if the injured child decides to file a claim as an adult, the statute of limitations begins on their eighteenth birthday.
While two years may seem like more than enough time to file a claim and pursue justice, your claim may be negatively impacted the longer you wait. Vital evidence can deteriorate or become lost over time, and witnesses to the accident may move away or forget essential details. When you partner with a skilled Phoenix daycare injury attorney, they can work quickly to investigate your child’s accident and preserve critical evidence to support your claim.
Entrust Your Case to a Skilled Phoenix Daycare Injury Lawyer a Feller & Wendt
The knowledgeable and compassionate attorneys at Feller & Wendt find the negligence of daycare facilities and staff members unacceptable and will fight to hold these parties fully accountable for your child’s losses. We have several years of experience helping families in Phoenix and the neighboring areas pursue the justice they deserve. To schedule a free consultation and learn more about how our talented team can help you, call us today at (480) 702-2277 or complete our contact form.