Phoenix Car Accident Lawyer
According to the Arizona Department of Transportation, there were 129,750 car crashes in 2019. Out of that number, 911 crashes were fatal, and 36,926 crashes resulted in injury. Furthermore, any accident can leave victims with lifelong impairments that result from a car accident. Accidents leave victims overwhelmed with the aftermath, from medical bills to income loss. Enlisting the help of an expert Phoenix car accident lawyer can help alleviate the stress while navigating the effects the accident has on the victim’s life by assisting victims in obtaining compensation for the damage.
What Kinds of Compensation Can A Lawyer Help Obtain After A Car Accident?
Car accidents can result in various injuries that range in their severity. Common injuries that can result from car accidents include:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Internal bleeding or injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spine and spinal cord injuries
Depending on the type of injury, victims can be left with a permanent disability that will prevent them from doing their daily tasks. This could mean the inability to work as they did before, resulting in income loss. The ramifications of income loss can resonate through the rest of their day-to-day life, but this may not be the only hurdle they face. Other trials, both economic and noneconomic, victims and their families may face include:
- Medical bills
- Inability to earn future income
- Vehicle damage
- Pain and suffering
What Should I Do Following a Car Accident in Phoenix?
Individuals who have been involved in a car accident should take several steps following the event.
- Seek medical attention immediately. First and foremost, individuals who have been in a car accident need to seek medical attention immediately. Some injuries, such as broken bones or lacerations, are obvious. However, internal injuries or bleeds can be more difficult to detect but need to be addressed immediately.
- Gather information about the accident. If you are able, take pictures of the accident and collect the information of other drivers involved. Put together medical records and police reports of the accident as well, as they will help build the case.
- Reach out to your insurance company. Begin the claims process with your insurance company by following the company’s steps for filing a claim.
- Consult with a lawyer following the accident. Reaching out to a lawyer that specializes in personal injury cases can help the process move along significantly. Victims should contact a lawyer as soon as possible, as Arizona has a statute of limitation law that puts a time limit on filing such cases.
Talk With a Phoenix Auto Accident Lawyer
Recruiting the help of a skilled legal professional will help ease the stress of car accident victims. By knowing that the case is in capable hands, victims can begin to focus on healing from their injuries. Thankfully, the team of legal professionals at Feller & Wendt is here to help.
Our Phoenix personal injury attorneys have spent the last 30 years helping thousands obtain the compensation they deserve for their car accidents. To get started today with a free consultation, call (480) 702-2277 or complete our contact form.