Phoenix Car Accident Attorney
According to the Arizona Department of Transportation, there were 129,750 car crashes in 2019. Out of that number, 911 crashes were fatal, and 36,926 crashes resulted in injury. Furthermore, any accident can leave victims with lifelong impairments that result from a car accident. Accidents leave victims overwhelmed with the aftermath, from medical bills to income loss.
Enlisting the help of an expert car accident attorney from Feller & Wendt can help alleviate the stress while navigating the effects the accident has on the victim’s life by assisting victims in obtaining compensation for the damage.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents can result in various injuries that range in their severity. Common injuries that can result from car accidents include:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Internal bleeding or injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spine and spinal cord injuries
Depending on the type of injury, victims can be left with a permanent disability that will prevent them from doing their daily tasks. This could mean the inability to work as they did before, resulting in income loss.
What Should I Do Following a Car Accident in Phoenix?
Individuals who have been involved in a car accident should take several steps following the event, including:
- Seek medical attention immediately: Individuals who have been in a car accident need to seek medical attention immediately. Some injuries, such as broken bones or lacerations, are obvious. However, internal injuries or bleeds can be more difficult to detect but need to be addressed immediately.
- Gather information about the accident: If you are able, take pictures of the accident and collect the information of other drivers involved. Put together medical records and police reports of the accident as well, as they will help build the case.
- Reach out to your insurance company: Begin the claims process with your insurance company by following the company’s steps for filing a claim.
- Consult with a car accident lawyer following the accident: Reaching out to a lawyer that specializes in personal injury cases can help the process move along significantly.
Victims should contact an experienced Phoenix car accident lawyer as soon as possible, as Arizona has a statute of limitation law that puts a time limit on filing such cases.
How Is Liability Established After a Car Accident?
Liability is established through the four components of negligence:
Duty of care: The owed standard of care for driving out on the road is the expectation that you adhere to the rules of the road and do not put your fellow drivers in harm’s way.
Breach of care: When you break the law and speed, fail to yield, or drive intoxicated, this is considered a breach of the duty of care.
Causation: When that breach directly results in an accident, this is identified as causation or a link.
Damages: If you or your property suffer damage as a direct result of the driver’s recklessness or negligence, they will be considered liable in court for their actions.
Arizona is a comparative negligence state, meaning negligence is graded using a percentage scale. This system allows you to recover compensation even if you are deemed partially at fault. To establish the owed standard of care, the breach, and that it directly resulted in your injuries, a Phoenix car accident attorney will gather evidence from the crime scene, including police reports, medical records, eyewitness testimony, and more.
What Kind of Accidents Do Our Car Accident Attorneys in Phoenix Handle?
Feller & Wendt is prepared to handle a wide variety of motor vehicle accident cases, including ones where you are partially at fault for the damage caused. The main kinds of accidents our attorneys include:
- Rear ending
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Line of sight accidents
No matter the cause or reason of your auto accident, if you believe it was a direct result of someone breaching their standard of care to you, our attorneys can help.
Consult With an Experienced Phoenix Car Accident Lawyer Today
Recruiting the help of a skilled car accident attorney will help ease the stress of car accident victims. By knowing that the case is in capable hands, victims can begin to focus on healing from their injuries. Thankfully, the team of Phoenix car accident attorneys at Feller & Wendt is here to help.
Our Phoenix personal injury attorneys have spent many years helping thousands obtain the compensation they deserve for their car accidents. To get started today with a free consultation, call (480) 702-2277 or complete our contact form.