Mesa Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrians abiding by the law, like walking on crosswalks and following traffic signs, do not always guarantee their safety. As distracted driving and careless driving become more prominent, it can mean that you may be hurt in an accident involving a negligent driver.
Pedestrian accidents can occur out of nowhere and can mean serious injuries to those who are caught in a life-threatening incident due to a driver’s negligent actions. If you have been injured in an accident, contact a Mesa pedestrian accident lawyer for an assessment of your case.
Most Common Reasons Pedestrian Accidents Occur in Mesa
There can be many factors that result in pedestrian accidents in Mesa. It is essential to know what to avoid when you are in a situation involving heavy traffic or crossing roads. For drivers, knowing the common reasons can be beneficial in understanding what to avoid when faced with a situation that may be dangerous for pedestrians.
These are the most common reasons pedestrian accidents occur:
- Poor visibility or distracted driving: There are some instances when a driver can’t see a pedestrian, the pedestrian blends in with the surroundings, or they are distracted and fail to notice the pedestrian.
- Darting or failure to yield: Typically, pedestrians have to yield to traffic if they are not using a crosswalk. If they dart out into traffic, a driver may be slow to react.
- Improper crossing: When pedestrians cross improperly and don’t use crosswalks, it can lead to dangerous incidents.
- Ignoring crosswalks or pedestrian right-of-way: Some drivers speed and ignore crosswalks and pedestrian right-of-way, and this leads to devastating injuries.
If you have been injured by the actions of a negligent driver while obeying pedestrian laws, you may be able to recoup compensation for your injuries. Speak with an experienced Mesa pedestrian injury attorney for specific legal guidance surrounding your case.
Types of Damages You May Be Able to Recover Following a Pedestrian Accident
Whether you have been hurt severely or minimally, you may be able to recover losses you have endured due to a pedestrian accident involving the negligent actions of another driver. With the help of a skilled Mesa pedestrian accident lawyer, you will be able to assess which types of damages you may be owed following your accident. These are the types of losses you may be owed:
- Economic losses: Economic losses include past and future medical bills, rehabilitation, medication, and other expenses.
- Lost wages: Past and future lost wages keep you from returning to work or holding a job because of your debilitating injuries.
- Non-economic losses: These are emotional damages that you have sustained due to your accident. PTSD, anxiety, depression, and distress can impact a victim’s life long-term.
Negotiating for the amount of compensation you are owed can be complicated. Working with a knowledgeable Mesa attorney can maximize your compensation and bring you justice so you can have closure from your accident.
Contact the Mesa Pedestrian Accident Lawyers at Feller & Wendt
If you have been hurt in a pedestrian accident, the legal team at Feller & Wendt is determined to fight for you. We understand that negligent drivers need to be held accountable for their actions, especially at the cost of economic and non-economic losses victims are left with following the accident.
To receive the maximum compensation you are owed, the attorneys at Feller & Wendt will provide trusted legal service and compassionate representation so you can focus on your healing journey. For a thorough assessment of your case, call (480) 702-2277 for a complimentary consultation, or fill out our contact form for more information.