Meridian Wrongful Death Lawyer
Wrongful death is the devastating outcome of another party’s preventable negligence, carelessness or recklessness. It is the loss of a loved one due to someone else’s irresponsibility or intent to cause harm. If you lost a loved one in an accident you believe was preventable, your family could be eligible for financial compensation.
Although a settlement or verdict cannot make up for a death in the family, it could provide the financial support you need at this time. At Feller & Wendt, LLC, we help families in Meridian pursue justice and compensation from the parties that caused their loved ones’ fatal accidents. Please contact us to discuss whether you have a claim, and if so, how we can help.
Choose Feller & Wendt for Your Wrongful Death Claim
- We understand the law. With over 30 years of combined legal experience among our attorneys, Feller & Wendt, LLC has the knowledge you need for a strong wrongful death claim.
- We get personal. Our lawyers believe in providing one-on-one care to their clients. We give our personal cellphone numbers to each of our clients.
- We obtain results. Our attorneys have won awards for wrongful death clients in and out of the courtroom. We have succeeded in 95% of the cases we have accepted.
- We charge nothing unless you win. You will not pay our lawyers anything in legal fees unless we win your case. We are a contingency-fee based law firm.
Causes for Wrongful Death in Meridian
Wrongful death is not something your family should accept without a fight. If you suspect another person or entity of causing your loved one’s death through a preventable act of negligence or recklessness, speak to a Meridian personal injury lawyer to determine whether you have a claim. Although many different circumstances could lead to wrongful death, we see certain types of accidents involved in these cases more than others.
- Automobile accidents
- Slip, trip and fall accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Dog attacks
- Workplace accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Defective products
- Criminal attacks/homicide
It is worthwhile to consult an attorney from Feller & Wendt, LLC after any fatal accident involving the death of a loved one in Meridian. We offer free and confidential initial consultations to provide reliable answers to your questions about wrongful death claims. You can talk to someone who understands what you are going through and who cares about the future of your family with zero financial risks.
Damages for Wrongful Death Claims
In general, to prove wrongful death and obtain a monetary award, you or your injury lawyer will need to establish the defendant’s duty of care, breach of duty, causation for the accident and damages. Hiring a lawyer can make it easier for your family to prove wrongful death and fulfill the required evidentiary standard. If a discussion with an attorney reveals to you that your family does have the elements of a claim, ask how much your case might be worth.
- Medical expenses up to the date of death
- Losses of income and inheritance
- Reasonable funeral and burial costs
- Loss of consortium and household services
- The victim’s pain and suffering
- Surviving family members’ mental anguish
- Punitive damages, if applicable
Every case and family is unique. While no amount of money will ever fill the hole the death of a loved one has left in your life, a satisfactory award could provide financial stability and peace of mind while you try to heal. Do not accept an insurance settlement before consulting a lawyer. The insurance company may be trying to underestimate your fatal accident claim’s worth. Find out the true value of your case by talking to our attorneys.
Contact a Meridian Wrongful Death Attorney
At Feller & Wendt, LLC, we take our jobs seriously. Our Meridian wrongful death lawyers do all they can to help surviving loved ones recover fair amounts after the unspeakable loss of a family member. Contact a lawyer about your wrongful death claim today. Call (801) 499-5060 for a free case review.