Arizona is the perfect state for a summer road trip due to its scenic and awe-inspiring views. Before you set out on your fun summer adventure, you should consider a few preparedness tips to avoid the consequences of the extreme desert heat. Ensuring your vehicle is in tip-top shape and taking care of other essentials before a trip is necessary in order to avoid hazards and car accidents on the road.
If you have experienced an Arizona car accident due to another driver’s negligence, speak to a knowledgeable Mesa car accident lawyer at Feller & Wendt for a complimentary assessment of your case. We offer personalized, client-oriented representation with the resources of a large firm to obtain the justice you deserve.
4 Ways to Prepare for Your Summer Road Trip Through Arizona
Preparation is essential before any big trip, especially for your summer road trip through Arizona. Consider the following ways you can prepare to reduce the chances of any delays or accidents while you’re on the road:
1. Plan Out Your Road Trip in Advance
Before you embark on your Arizona summer road trip, it is essential that you map out each destination, route, and stop you are going to take. Give these details to someone you trust and provide them with approximate arrival times.
Most importantly, it is essential to remember that Arizona highways may not always have gas stations when they are needed, so ensure that you do not let your gas tank drop below three-fourths of a tank to stay on the safe side. Finally, check for inclement weather that may affect your safety on the road.
2. Prepare Your Vehicle for the Summer Heat
One of the most helpful steps to preparing for your Arizona road trip is to ensure that your vehicle is in the most sufficient shape to withstand any heat and long distances. The following are best practices to get your vehicle road-ready:
- Test or replace your battery, especially if it is older than three years.
- Top off coolant if necessary and consider getting a coolant flush if you are due for one.
- Change your oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, and power steering fluid if necessary.
- Check your tires for appropriate tire pressure and condition to avoid tire blowouts or flat tires.
- Consider bringing a first-aid kit, jumper cables, and safety flares.
- Ensure that your vehicle’s air conditioner is working properly.
Preparing your vehicle beforehand may help you reduce accidents or breakdowns on the road. If you have experienced an Arizona accident due to another driver’s negligence or car part defect, speak to an experienced Arizona car accident lawyer at Feller & Wendt for an assessment of your case.
3. Stock up on Essential Supplies
There are a few essential supplies that can aid in the success of an Arizona road trip. In case of car maintenance issues or a car accident, you may need the following:
- Ensure you have a charged cell phone, charger, and extra charger in case you lose the first one
- Consider packing a cooler full of drinking water for emergencies and to keep adequately hydrated during your road trip
- In case of stops, bring a hat or umbrella for shade
- You may need extra water for maintenance issues, like an overheated radiator
- A flashlight
- A toolkit for unexpected repairs
- A road map
Stocking up on items before a trip may be helpful in instances where there are no shops or gas stations nearby. Accidents and breakdowns may happen unexpectedly and being prepared can aid you in solving any issues to continue your trip.
4. Ensure You Get Adequate Sleep
If you are set on arriving at a fixed destination, you may be tempted to skimp on your sleep or drive for an extended period of time to get there faster. Getting adequate amounts of rest is one of the most important things you can do for your safety and the safety of other Arizona drivers on the road. Getting enough sleep can aid in making alert decisions on the road and reacting to hazardous situations in a timely manner.
5 Steps to Take if You’ve Experienced an Arizona Car Accident
If you experience an Arizona accident due to someone else’s negligence, consider the following steps to ensure your safety and protect yourself in a car accident claim:
- Evaluate any injuries and move yourself to a safe location
- Call 911 to obtain an official police report of the accident
- Exchange information with the driver, including name, phone number, policy number, driver’s license, and vehicle information
- Document the accident scene through pictures and videos
- Contact an experienced Arizona car accident lawyer
A skilled Arizona car accident lawyer may be able to help you recover the maximum compensation you are owed by conducting an investigation into your accident, determining liability, obtaining evidence, and building a substantial case on your behalf.
Speak to a Skilled Arizona Car Accident Lawyer at Feller & Wendt
Preparing for a summer road trip through Arizona takes thorough preparation and planning. If you have experienced an accident due to the negligence of another driver, you may be able to recover the necessary compensation you are owed due to the losses you have endured in your Arizona car accident. Speak to a skilled car accident lawyer at Feller & Wendt for an assessment of your case.
At Feller & Wendt, we are proud to offer over 30 years of combined experience handling Arizona car accident cases for clients that have endured suffering at the hands of negligent drivers. We fight tirelessly for the compensation you deserve with a 95% success rate. Speak to a knowledgeable Arizona car accident lawyer during your complimentary consultation at (480) 702-2277 or fill out our contact form.