Coeur d’Alene Wrongful Death Attorneys
Losing someone you love in a sudden accident can leave those left behind feeling understandably lost and overwhelmed. These feelings can be even more challenging if their death is preventable. Although Idaho law does not take wrongful deaths lightly, victims’ families are often unsure of what steps to take to pursue the justice they deserve. Fortunately, an experienced wrongful death attorney may be able to help you recover monetary compensation for the losses you and your family have endured.
While no amount of compensation can make up for the loss of a beloved family member, a wrongful death claim can help ease the financial burden associated with their passing and hold the negligent party accountable for the suffering they have caused. At Feller & Wendt, our experienced Coeur D’Alene wrongful death lawyers have an established track record of successfully helping their clients achieve favorable outcomes for their cases in Coeur D’Alene and the neighboring areas. We personalize our services to every client’s unique needs to ensure their concerns are heard and addressed.
Proving Liability in a Coeur D’Alene Wrongful Death Claim
All wrongful death cases in Idaho must meet certain standards of proof to be successful. At Feller & Wendt, our attorneys have extensive experience successfully proving wrongful death claims and will work to build a case containing the following essential elements:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care: Individuals in Idaho have a legal duty to act reasonably to prevent harming themselves or others. For instance, drivers must follow traffic laws and avoid distractions behind the wheel to avoid accidents.
- The defendant breached the duty of care: If someone behaves negligently and endangers others, they may be violating the duty of care. Speeding or failing to repair safety hazards on a property are typical examples of negligence that breach the duty of care.
- The breach of duty caused your loved one’s accident: The final element of a wrongful death claim is proving the defendant’s breach of duty is directly responsible for your loved one’s passing.
After retaining our services, your attorney will act quickly to preserve essential evidence and build a claim to establish the elements above. We understand the toll a sudden loss can have on your life and will handle every aspect of your claim so you can grieve with your family in peace.
How an Experienced Wrongful Death Attorney Can Help You
As you cope with losing a loved one, pursuing a wrongful death claim on your own may seem impossible. If you lost someone you love due to the negligence of another, an experienced Coeur D’Alene wrongful death lawyer can use their extensive legal knowledge and skills to fight for you. Some of the many ways the trusted attorneys at Feller & Wendt can help you include:
- Conducting a thorough investigation into your case
- Collecting evidence and witness testimonies to support your claim
- Filing all paperwork correctly and on time
- Negotiating with all parties on your behalf
- Aggressively advocating for your rights and interests inside and outside of court
- Helping you navigate every step of the claims process
- Answering all of your legal questions
Our attorneys have many years of experience helping clients like you protect your rights and recover fair compensation for their losses. When you work with one of our talented wrongful death attorneys, you can trust us to advocate aggressively for your rights during every stage of the claims process.
Types of Wrongful Death Cases We Handle in Coeur D’Alene
Unfortunately, many sudden accidents in Coeur D’Alene can result in unnecessary loss of life. The skilled Coeur D’Alene wrongful death lawyers at Feller & Wendt have extensive experience handling many types of complex wrongful death claims, including the following:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Rideshare accidents
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Defective products
- Dog bites
- Bicycle accidents
- Slip-and-fall accidents
Although pursuing compensation may be the last thing on your mind after your loved one’s passing, contacting one of our attorneys quickly is essential to begin investigating your case. In Idaho, the legal time limit known as the statute of limitations is only two years from the date of death. Our attorneys will work diligently to move your claim forward and avoid delays so you can pursue justice against the negligent party.
Contact a Knowledgeable Coeur D’Alene Wrongful Death Lawyer
At Feller & Wendt, our Coeur D’Alene wrongful death attorneys have extensive experience helping surviving family members navigate the aftermath of losing a loved one while assisting them in pursuing compensation for their losses. We understand the ins and outs of Idaho wrongful death statutes and are ready to use our experience and skills to fight for you. Our attorneys have an established track record of success and will work tirelessly to achieve a favorable outcome for your case.