Chandler Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Chandler
Driving a motorcycle can be thrilling, but it can also be dangerous. Motorcycle drivers are automatically placed at a higher risk than car drivers because they don’t have the same protection. An individual in a car has the protection of the car’s structure, while a motorcyclist doesn’t. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), an estimated 82,000 people were injured in motorcycle traffic collisions in 2019.
The result of a motorcycle accident can be devastating, and the aftermath can be overwhelming. At Feller & Wendt, LLC, our team of motorcycle injuries attorneys are here to help you through the aftermath of your accident. Following the accident, you may be owed compensation for the damages and injuries you suffered; our experienced team may be able to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Riding a motorcycle can be an enjoyable pastime, but it can also be dangerous. The cause of most motorcycle accidents is an individual’s negligence. The leading cause is the failure to see the motorcyclist. Below is a list of other incidents that lead to a motorcycle accident.
- Left-Hand Turns: Making right away errors or misjudgment of distance while turning left are common causes of accidents.
- Lane Splitting: This refers to a motorcycle driving down the white center line between lanes of cars moving in the same direction. Accidents occur because of the proximity between the motorcycle and the other cars and the lack of visibility. An accident is caused when the car driver can’t see the motorcycle coming up the lane.
- Speeding: Both motorcycle drivers and car drivers speed. Speeding reduces the chance the drivers will see each other or have the time to react to prevent a collision.
- Inclement Weather: Inclement weather conditions prove more hazardous for motorcyclists because of the lack of a car’s protective structure.
- Road Hazards/Poor Road Conditions: Unkempt road conditions such as crumbling pavement, potholes, and debris can increase a motorcycle rider’s risk of losing control of their bike. Lack of appropriate signs or signals increases the chance of an accident.
- Driving Under the Influence: Driving while under the influence affects the driver’s reaction time; their judgment lowers their inhibitions and increases the likelihood of engaging in reckless driving.
Regardless of the cause of the accident, it’s essential to remain calm. While it’s possible to do everything right to protect yourself against a motorcycle accident as a driver, a car driver, or a bystander, even the most careful driver can find themselves in an accident. After an accident, your adrenaline is pumping, and you may be in shock, so having previous knowledge on what to do will help ensure you do the right thing.
Steps to Take After a Motorcycle Accident
When something traumatic happens, it can be challenging to focus. Having a small list of steps to take can help the brain focus. The following are things to do for your safety and your future insurance claim:
- Check for injuries
- Do not remove protective gear or helmet
- Call emergency services
- Photograph damages
- Exchange contact information
- Do not repair the bike. It is now evidence.
- Keep track of all expenses as a result of the accident
Whether you have sustained minor or life-altering injuries, following these steps will set you up to work with a qualified motorcycle accident lawyer. Feller & Wendt, LLC is a top-rated law firm with over 30 years of experience that may be able to help you build an injury claim.
Common Injuries After a Motorcycle Accident
Motorcyclists don’t have the car’s structure to protect them; because of this, injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident can be catastrophic. It’s essential to seek medical help as soon as possible after the accident. Even if you feel you haven’t sustained any significant injuries, you could suffer from internal injuries that could be dangerous if left untreated. Some of the most common injuries after a motorcycle accident are listed below.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Road Rash
- Fractures and Broken Bones
- Internal Injuries
- Organ Damage
It’s unusual to walk away from a motorcycle collision uninjured. After seeing a doctor for any injuries you may have suffered, the following step would be to contact a personal injury lawyer. Your personal injury lawyer can help determine whether you are entitled to compensation for injuries and personal damage.
How a Personal Injury Lawyer can Help After a Motorcycle Accident
After an accident, you may be entitled to compensation, not just for the damages and injuries sustained in the accident but also for expenses resulting from the accident. Your motorcycle accident lawyer can hold the driver at fault accountable for your financial losses, injuries, and emotional suffering. A lawyer can protect your legal rights and defend your best interest in an insurance claim. Your attorney can help you with the following:
- Gathering evidence for your claim
- Proving the damages and injuries were caused by the accident
- Negotiating with your insurance, keeping your best interest in mind
Hiring an attorney with a track record of successfully dealing with motorcycle accident claims, like Feller & Wendt, LLC , can give you peace of mind and reassurance. While you focus on healing after your accident, your attorney can work tirelessly to progress your claim.
Contact Experienced Chandler Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Contact Feller & Wendt, LLC if you or a loved one have been a victim of a motorcycle accident in the Chandler area. Insurance agencies can be aggressive, and it can be overwhelming to try and talk to them alone. Partnering with our team of award-winning personal injury attorneys who can help negotiate with your insurance and file an injury claim will provide you with peace of mind. Our injury attorneys will provide you with personalized care to help you understand every accident detail to help us build your claim. With our legal team on your side, we can help pursue the compensation you deserve.
Feller & Wendt is a firm dedicated to pursuing justice for each of our clients. To contact us and schedule a free consultation, fill out this contact form or call (801) 823-4060.