Caldwell Personal Injury Lawyers
Involvement in an accident where another party is directly responsible for your injuries leaves you eligible to file a personal injury claim. This claim is filed with the liable party’s insurance company and is a way for victims of negligent behavior to receive compensation for their damages. Common forms of personal injury accidents include car crashes, slip-and-fall accidents, and medical malpractice.
If you have fallen victim to another person, business, or third party’s reckless actions, the first step to take is to reach out to a knowledgeable and personable personal injury attorney. These professionals have devoted their careers to protecting victims’ rights and ensuring they get the financial compensation and justice they deserve to move forward. The Caldwell, ID personal injury attorneys at Feller & Wendt have many years of experience and documented success and would be proud to take a look at your case today.
Common Forms of Personal Injury Cases Feller & Wendt Handles
Personal injury accidents come in all shapes and sizes, but have the common denominator of one party’s negligence resulting in another party’s injury. Feller & Wendt is prepared to handle even the most extreme personal injury accident cases. Common examples of areas we cover include the following:
- Motor vehicle accident: Car accidents are one of the most common forms of personal injury and can affect other drivers, pedestrians, cyclists, and more. Examples of common negligent behavior include drunk driving, speeding, and failing to yield.
- Premises liability: Premises and property owners have the responsibility to keep their premises safe for all invited guests. This includes restaurants not having slippery floors, businesses having safe passageways, and even homes being safe for guests. Slip-and-falls, trip-and-falls, and dog bites are all common examples of premises liability cases.
- Product liability: When you purchase a product or use a product, there is an expectation that it works correctly. The manufacturer and marketing team are responsible for warning customers and users of all potential risks if the product is used incorrectly.
- Medical malpractice: Your doctor and healthcare provider must adhere to a strict standard of care. When this is breached by incorrectly reading your chart or prescribing the incorrect medication, you run the risk of serious injury.
If you have been in an accident and are unsure whether you qualify to file a claim, the team of Caldwell personal injury lawyers at Feller & Wendt is more than happy to provide you with a free case evaluation.
How a Dedicated Lawyer Can Help
Don’t try to navigate the aftermath of your accident alone. While you can technically file a claim without the help of a dedicated Caldwell personal injury attorney, it leaves you more likely to receive a low settlement offer or even a dismissed claim. It’s important to remember that the insurance companies are not your friend. Hiring a lawyer allows you to concentrate on healing and recovering while they get to work on the following aspects:
Your attorney will immediately begin collecting relevant, time-sensitive evidence and investigating the circumstances surrounding your accident. This data will eventually be used to demonstrate that negligence has occurred and that the negligent party is directly liable for your injuries. The four basic components of negligence include:
- You were owed a standard of care
- That care was breached by a negligent or reckless action
- The negligent act directly caused an accident
- The accident directly resulted in your injury
Idaho currently follows a comparative fault law, which means you can be found to be partially liable for the accident and still receive compensation. As long as you are deemed to be under 50% at fault for your accident, you may still file.
Filing Your Claim
Your personal injury claim must be filed before the two-year statute of limitations deadline. This date is calculated based on the date of your accident. A claim is filed with the responsible party’s insurance company and must include detailed records of your injuries and the full cost of the damages.
Your Caldwell personal injury lawyer will ensure everything is filed on time and do everything in their power to prevent a low settlement by providing full documentation of the extent of your losses.
Fighting for a High Settlement Offer
Your claim can result in compensation for both economic and non-economic losses. This includes coverage for your tangible costs and your emotional losses as well. Examples of damages you may be entitled to receive for your personal injury claim include:
- Past, present, and future medical bills
- Any missed wages due to the inability to work
- Cost of physical therapy as a form of treatment
- Emergency hospital visits
- Property damage
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
- Anxiety and depression
If your accident was a result of gross negligence, you may also qualify for punitive damages. For questions on the specific qualifications, Feller & Wendt is happy to help.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Distinguished Caldwell, ID Personal Injury Lawyer Today
Nobody should have to suffer physically, emotionally, or financially because of the reckless behavior of another person. Feller & Wendt is a personal injury firm that has represented many clients over the years and has helped them recover hundreds of thousands of dollars in compensation for their losses. Our people-first approach to the world of personal injury means you have a dedicated attorney by your side at all times to guide you and answer any questions you may have. To get the process started today with a free consultation, call us at (208)-391-5945 or use a contact form.