Caldwell Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
A Brief Summary of the Following Article
- Pedestrian rights and responsibilities: Idaho law has several regulations in place that protect pedestrian rights in crosswalks with and without signals. With these rights in mind, pedestrians must uphold their duty of care and act responsibly.
- Recovering damages: Based on the severity of your injuries and other details of your claim, you may recover a range of damages, from medical costs to mental anguish.
- Modified comparative negligence: If you are partially responsible for a pedestrian accident, you may still recover damages if you are less than 50% at fault.
- Why Feller & Wendt: With Feller & Wendt, pedestrians receive expert legal support, comprehensive claim management, and strategic advocacy to facilitate a stress-free recovery and successful outcome.
Walking can be a great way to explore and get around Caldwell, but as a pedestrian, you have significantly fewer protections than those in cars, trucks, and other vehicles. Therefore, being aware of your surroundings and following safety precautions closely is crucial. However, when someone else neglects their duty to care for pedestrians’ safety and causes injuries, victims have the right to file a claim and pursue financial compensation. At Feller & Wendt, we strive to seek justice for pedestrian accident victims and provide expert guidance every step of the way.
The seasoned Caldwell pedestrian accident lawyers at Feller & Wendt have years of experience providing top-notch comprehensive legal services and working on the most complex pedestrian accident claims. This gives us the knowledge and skills to take on your claim, regardless of the circumstances. We take a compassionate, personalized approach, creating a unique legal plan tailored to your needs that helps you share your story and achieve your deserved compensation. With this dedication and our transparent communication, you can focus on recovery while staying informed about your claim.
Important Idaho Pedestrian Laws
Idaho has several pedestrian laws in place to protect them from accidents and injuries. These laws help pedestrians and vehicles share the road safely and include the following:
Right of Way
Idaho Statutes Section 49-702 explains pedestrians’ rights of way so pedestrians and drivers can understand and follow them. In crosswalks without traffic control signals, pedestrians always have the right of way. However, if a crosswalk has traffic signals, pedestrians must follow them and only cross when permitted. Crossing anywhere that is not a crosswalk is illegal in Idaho, so avoiding jaywalking is essential.
While drivers owe pedestrians a duty of care, pedestrians also have a responsibility to act with regard to the safety of others. Using sidewalks and paths when available, crossing the road efficiently, and looking both ways before crossing help keep pedestrians and drivers safe.
What Damages Can You Recover After a Pedestrian Accident in Caldwell?
As a pedestrian, you are especially vulnerable to injuries in the event of an accident. Therefore, pedestrian accident claims often have higher values involving economic and non-economic damages. You may recover the following costs depending on the severity of your injuries and other details of your claim:
- Past, present, and future medical bills
- Lost wages from missed work
- Loss of earning capacity
- Ambulance ride
- Property damage
- Physical therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Reduced quality of life
In many pedestrian accidents, both parties involved share a portion of the fault. Therefore, Idaho uses a comparative negligence system, which assigns each party a percentage of blame. This percentage gets deducted from their respective damages. Anyone with over 50% fault cannot collect damages. For example, if you are 15% at fault for the pedestrian accident, your compensation is reduced by 15%.
While this system allows you to recover damages if you are partially at fault, insurance companies may try to assign you an unfair fault percentage. Our skilled Caldwell pedestrian accident attorneys understand these tactics and fiercely advocate for a fair settlement.
4 Reasons to Hire a Caldwell, ID Pedestrian Accident Lawyer to Help With Your Claim
The legal process after a pedestrian can be complex, and the laws associated with them can be confusing. Fortunately, with the help of the knowledgeable attorneys at Feller & Wendt, you don’t have to manage your claim alone. We handle every aspect of your claim with efficiency and offer you the following benefits:
- Experience: Our lawyers have many years of experience working on pedestrian accident claims. With this experience comes a thorough understanding of the legal process and extensive knowledge of state laws.
- Professional services: We handle every pedestrian accident professionally, providing all the services you need to achieve a successful outcome. This gives you the peace of mind that your claim is in the right hands.
- Communication: While we handle every aspect of your claim, we communicate openly and honestly. This helps you stay informed and make confident decisions for your future.
- Full recovery: With our attentive Caldwell pedestrian accident lawyers managing your claim, you can focus on making a full, smooth recovery with no stress.
After sustaining injuries in a pedestrian accident, it’s crucial to act quickly, as Idaho law has a two-year statute of limitations. We work hard to file your claim within this timeframe to ensure you do not miss your opportunity to fight for your rights and receive compensation.
Seek Legal Guidance for Your Caldwell Pedestrian Accident Claim from the Experienced Lawyers at Feller & Wendt
The aftermath of a pedestrian accident can be overwhelming, and you may feel unsure of how to protect your rights. With the help of our caring Caldwell pedestrian accident attorneys at Feller & Wendt, you can have the support you need to make a full recovery and secure the compensation you deserve. We have provided unbeatable services to Caldwell victims for years, so we are prepared to take on your claim and hold the negligent party accountable.
Our team is here to listen to your story, taking the time to understand your unique needs and goals to create a personalized plan catered to you. From the beginning, we do everything we can to build a strong claim that helps you achieve the justice you are owed. To schedule a free consultation today, call us at (208) 391-5945 or fill out our contact form.