Boise Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Pedestrian accidents are a serious problem in Boise and nationwide. Every year, countless individuals are injured or killed due to the negligence of drivers on the road. Pedestrian accident fatalities have increased by 69% since 2009, with 6,516 pedestrian deaths in 2020 alone. If you suffered a pedestrian accident, seek legal guidance as soon as possible to pursue the monetary compensation you deserve for accident damages.
At Feller & Wendt, we understand that being involved in a pedestrian accident can be traumatic. You may be burdened with medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses. Our highly experienced legal team approaches every case with an unmatched level of service. With our 95% success rate and compassionate, tailored legal strategies, we are prepared to help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
How a Boise Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Can Help Your Claim
At Feller & Wendt, we take a client-centered approach to pedestrian accident cases. We understand that every case is unique, and we listen to your story, understand your needs, and build a strong case on your behalf. As trial-tested Boise pedestrian accident attorneys, we are highly experienced in navigating the legal process to ensure you obtain the best possible outcome.
We can increase your likelihood of success in the following ways:
- Investigating your accident: We will investigate your accident to determine liability and gather evidence to support your claim. Evidence may include police reports, witness testimony, and detailed photos or videos of the accident scene.
- Negotiating with insurance companies: We will negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to obtain a fair resolution. We know how to handle their tactics and protect your legal rights and interests every step of the way.
- Calculating damages: We can help you determine the damages you are entitled to based on evidence such as medical bills, pay stubs, and other records.
- Trial preparation: If necessary, we will represent you in trial if a favorable outcome cannot be reached outside of the courtroom.
- Provide legal guidance and support: We will answer your questions, explain the legal process, pave the best legal path forward based on your options and goals, and provide peace of mind while you focus on recovery.
If you have suffered injuries in a pedestrian accident due to someone else’s negligence, an experienced pedestrian accident lawyer can support you throughout the legal process and pursue the compensation you deserve.
Idaho Pedestrian Laws
In Boise, pedestrian laws regulate the behavior of both pedestrians and motorists on the roadways to ensure pedestrian safety. The following are Idaho laws and regulations that may affect your pedestrian accident claim:
- Pedestrian right of way: Idaho Statute §49-702 mandates that drivers must yield to a pedestrian on a crosswalk even when there are no traffic control signals or no present signals in operation.
- Traffic signals: Pedestrians must follow traffic signals and pedestrian control signals and can only cross the road if they have a walk signal or when the intersection is clear.
- Sidewalks: Pedestrians must use sidewalks when provided or must walk on the left side of the road if none are available.
- Street crossing: Pedestrians must cross the street at intersections or crosswalks. Crossing the road between two bordering intersections at a location other than a crosswalk is against the law in Idaho.
It’s essential to speak with an experienced Boise pedestrian accident lawyer to understand which laws and regulations apply to your case to ensure your rights are protected. A motorist may have violated a duty of care by speeding, distracted driving, or driving impaired at the time of the accident. We can investigate the cause of your accident and obtain evidence of negligence.
Determining Fault in a Pedestrian Accident
Determining fault in a pedestrian accident can be a complex process that requires a thorough investigation of the accident’s circumstances. With the help of a Boise pedestrian accident lawyer, you may prove the following elements of negligence to recover damages in a pedestrian accident claim:
- Duty of care
- Breach of duty
Drivers almost always have a duty of care concerning pedestrians crossing the road, and they certainly have a duty of care whenever a pedestrian uses a crosswalk. Proving they violated a lawful duty of care will require evidence of unlawful conduct that may be found in the police report or traffic light video surveillance. A qualified pedestrian accident lawyer will help you build a robust claim on your behalf.
Speak With the Boise Pedestrian Accident Lawyers at Feller & Wendt
Pedestrian accidents can have devastating physical, emotional, and financial consequences. It’s essential to consult an experienced pedestrian accident lawyer at Feller & Wendt to help you pursue the justice you deserve for motorist negligence. We will help you navigate the legal process and hold the responsible party accountable for their actions.