Boise Car Accident Attorney
Car accidents can be sudden and unexpected. Victims and their families can face painful, emotional, and costly hurdles on their road to recovery. As you heal, you should not have to worry about dealing with an insurance claim. Hiring a Boise car accident attorney can allow you to focus on yourself and your family.
If you or a loved one has suffered a car accident in Boise, Idaho, please contact the skilled Boise car accident lawyers at Feller & Wendt today to discuss your case. You may be entitled to significant compensation for your injuries and damages, and we want to help you today.
Possible Damages Available After a Boise Car Accident
Suffering severe injuries in a car accident can leave victims facing severe physical, emotional, and financial consequences. If your accident was caused by someone else’s negligence, you deserve to recover compensation for the full extent of your injuries and other losses. Our Boise car accident lawyers fight to recover compensation for the following damages:
- Past and Future Medical Expenses
- In-Home Health Care and Personal Care
- Past and Future Loss of Income and Benefits
- Physical Pain and Suffering
- Emotional and Mental Trauma
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life
- Permanent Impairments, Disfigurement, and Disability
We have ample experience fighting for the rights of car accident victims. We understand Idaho’s complex personal injury laws, and we also understand how to win. Our legal team uses their extensive skills, resources, and knowledge gained from years of fighting for injury victims to protect you from unfair and aggressive insurance tactics.
Do you Need a Boise Car Accident Attorney to Handle Your Case?
While you are not legally required to hire a car accident attorney to handle your claim, hiring a Boise personal injury attorney for a car accident claim has numerous benefits. An experienced car accident lawyer can help in the following ways:
- Conduct a thorough car accident investigation to gather and preserve key evidence proving fault and liability.
- Obtain and review copies of medical records, police reports, and accident reports.
- Obtain statements from eyewitnesses and search for videos of the accident.
- Work with you and your medical providers to document injuries and damages.
- Identify parties who may be liable for your claim and insurance policies that provide coverage for the claim.
- Handle all communications and negotiations with insurance providers.
- Monitor deadlines, including the statute of limitations for car accidents in Idaho.
- Calculate the maximum value for your car accident claim.
- Prepare a detailed settlement demand package and negotiate a settlement for your injury claim.
- File a car accident lawsuit if the insurance company refuses to pay a fair amount to settle the car accident claim.
Additionally, our Boise car accident lawyers also provide emotional support and guidance throughout the case. We understand you are going through a challenging time in your life. Ultimately, we are here to answer your questions, address your concerns, and provide the support you need as you heal from your car accident injuries.
Proving Negligence After a Collision
Individuals injured in a Boise car accident likely have legal grounds to file a claim for compensation against the negligent driver. However, your claim must meet specific standards of proof to establish the other driver’s liability. A seasoned car accident attorney can work to gather evidence and build a strong claim on your behalf. Your claim must contain the following essential elements:
- The other driver owed you a duty of care
- The other driver violated the duty of care by engaging in negligent behavior
- The other driver’s breach of duty directly caused your accident
- The accident caused you to suffer injuries and other economic and non-economic damages
Every person in Idaho owes other drivers on the road a legal duty of care to act reasonably and responsibly to avoid harming themselves and others. If the other driver violated this duty of care and caused your accident, you might be eligible to recover monetary compensation for your damages.
Why Do Car Accidents Happen in Boise?
Car crashes in Boise are generally caused by human error. Even though hazardous road conditions and poor weather can increase the risk of an accident, a person’s driving behavior often contributes to the cause of a car crash.
Common driving behaviors that contribute to the cause of a car wreck include the following:
- Speeding and Reckless Driving
- Distracted Driving
- Fatigued and Drowsy Driving
- Drugged and Drunk Driving
- Tailgating or Following Too Closely
- Failing to Yield the Right-of-Way
- Failure to Obey Traffic Laws
When a driver is negligent or careless, they can cause a crash that results in catastrophic and life-threatening injuries. If you suffered severe injuries in a collision, you deserve compensation for your car accident injuries and damages. At Feller & Wendt, we fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents can range in severity, and the injuries victims sustain range from minor cuts and bruises to injuries that will impact the rest of their lives. A few common injuries victims suffer in Boise car accidents include the following:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Eye Injuries
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Sprains and Strains
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Burn Injuries
Following your accident, it is essential to seek professional medical attention as soon as possible, even if you believe your injuries are minor. Many injuries are invisible to the naked eye and can worsen significantly over time without proper treatment. Even if you are cleared medically directly following the incident, it is still in your best interest to get a physical exam from a trusted healthcare provider. The exam will provide you with medical evidence that you are free and clear of any injuries, which may be helpful in the future if you are ever in another accident.
Insurance companies habitually blame prior traumatic events as the cause of your current injuries. You can combat this tactic by securing medical records now that show a clean bill of health.
Contact Our Car Accident Attorneys for a Free Case Review
At Feller & Wendt, our legal team fights to protect you and your family from unfair insurance tactics and aggressive insurance companies. If you or a loved one has suffered severe injuries in a car accident, please contact us today to see how we can help. We provide free initial consultations and represent clients on a contingency fee basis.